Friday 4 November 2011

Remastersys Is Back..............

Recently I got too excited when I heard rumours that remastersys is back, the project has been dead for sometimes now and many noobs like me wondered around looking for a easy way to duplicate my system and to make my custom ubuntu liveCD/DVD. The fact that my custom liveCD/DVD is packed will all goodies that the native ubuntu doesn't is what make the whole thing exiting.

But I was fed up when the remastersys project was no more, simply because I couldn’t be able to do my custom liveCD. I heard there are many ways to make a LiveCD of Ubuntu but for me I found those ways too complicated, I mean they required the use of commands to be typed in Terminal, I hate typing and so is doing the commands, simple GUI works for me and remastersys provided both CLI and GUI and simple even my wife could click click and get her own custom Ubuntu.

Now for the good news that made my week Remastersys is back and the creator promises more features and support for other Linux Distros and the support for latest Ubuntu versions. You may ask yourself why need a custom Ubuntu? Oh yeah its simply because I like making things my way, and the fact that Ubuntu doesn’t come packed with mp3 and all other restricted plugins by default, so to spare a friend a headache of having to wonder around figuring out how to play His favourite pirated mp3’s (LOL) and AVI/Mpeg/MKV blah blah etc, yes to you who have internet always it is just few clicks or commands away from getting the plugings on board, but if you live in SA were Internet is expensive or you new to Ubuntu it is not just as easy as it is said to be.

I can’t wait to get the stable release of the latest remastersys and all this goodies he promises including the simplicity, He promised the ability to have the livecd being below a native CD capacity. Last time I made mine it was over 1.6GB, I didn't mind since DVD's and USB drive are getting larger by day.
You can read the Ubuntu Forum post posted by the creator of Remastersys  Here and Further Comments 

Thank You....

No comments:

Post a Comment